Coding Injections and Infusions CPT Coding-2019
Drug administration is one of the most common services provided in the outpatient setting. Coding infusions is not like watching dominoes fall where the first domino is initial and the second is sequential.
Far from it. Proper coding of Injections and Infusions leads to accurate reimbursement and less frequent denials.
- IV Infusion and Injection Facility Coding
- Understand the use of the hierarchy of Injections and Infusions (I&I) to determine coding of initial, subsequent, sequential, and concurrent.
- Drug Administration Hierarchy
- Subsequent and Sequential Infusions
- Concurrent Infusions
- Infusion and IV Push of Same Substance
- Long-Duration IV Pushes
- Encounters That Cross Midnight
- Modifier -59
- Drug Administration Decision Tree
100 Coding Scenarios with rationales.
MEDESUN HEALTHCARE SOLUTIONS
The Recognized Leader in Medical Coding, Billing, ICD-10, HL7 Training. WORLD RECORD TRAINER WITH 42 CERTIFICATIONS.
Dr. Santosh Kumar Guptha
CCS-P, CCS , CPC, COC, CIC, CPC-P, CRC, CCC, CPCO, CANPC, CPB, CPMA, CEMC, CEDC, CIMC, CFPC, CUC, COBGC, CPCD, COSC, CPRC, CPEDC, CHONC, CENTC, CRHC, CGIC, CASCC, CGSC, CSFAC, CCVTC, RMC, RMA, CMBS, CMRS, CSCS, CSBB, FCR, FNR, FOR, CHA, CHL7, AHIMA Approved ICD-10 Trainer, AHIMA ICD-10 Ambassador.