Fellowship in Emergency Department Coding (FEDC) Online
** Only for Certified Coders.
- Ability to read and abstract physician office notes and procedure notes to apply correct ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT®, HCPCS Level II and modifier coding assignments
- Comprehensive ICD-10 tailored for ED coding
- Gain a working understanding of the history, guidelines, and conventions of ICD-10-CM needed to assign correct codes.
- Evaluation and management (both the 1995 and 1997 Documentation Guidelines)
- Rules and regulations of Medicare billing including (but not limited to) incident to, teaching situations, shared visits, consultations and global surgery
- Coding of surgical procedures performed by ED physicians such as thoracentesis, laceration repair, fracture care, foreign body removal, etc.
- Coding burns, injuries, poisoning as per ICD-10-CM
- Coding Acute infections, management, ED procedures, MI etc
- Coding of moderate sedation
- Accurately assign ICD-10-CM codes to emergency room case scenarios
- Medical Records Practice ( ICD-10)